We like to celebrate birthdays around here. Mine is coming up this very weekend. Originally I was scheduled to work, but I managed to get things switched so that I could have my actual birthday off. We don't have any huge plans. Dinner with my mister is on the books, of course. And I always look forward to dates with my man.
Anyhow, just for the fun of being a bit self indulgent, I made up a quick birthday wish list, just like last year:
1. Installation of a direct IPod connection in my car stereo - none of this adapter business that require a designated radio station that inevitably ends up with poor sound quality and lots of static
(Yes, my car is sadly behind the times!)
2. A Kindle, in white please. We've discussed the e-reader business before and like most of you, I love to hold a real book. But the Kindle will come in handy on vacations (download multiple books without having to lug around an actual book(s) while traveling) and my library is now participating in e-book lending!
3. A sewing machine. This is a new hobby that I'd love to get into. I see myself making pillow covers, curtains, table runners, a new cozy for my my new kindle... the possibilities are endless! Any seamstresses out there with recommendations on a good sewing machine for a beginner?
4. Pottery Barn's Emmet Jewelery Chest
5. Diamond Studs - because I'll obviously need some new baubles to put in my new jewelery chest, right? Right?!
Oh Birthday d r e a m s... aren't they fun?
Do you always celebrate your birthday with a bang, or prefer no such attention?